Mashed potato snowmen – Pass the gravy please!
Wanna know my favorite things about this little guy?
Of course you do! (The benefit of a blog means that I get to answer for you before you ever even hear the question. :P )
- They’re completely edible! Sometimes we have to resort to using non-food items to make the quirky theme come together, but it’s more magical when it’s all food.
- It’s savory! I’ve said it before, but cakes and cookies are easily to play with and turn them into creative creations. People don’t do it nearly as much with dinner items.
- It’s versatile! River from Wing It Vegan did what I end up doing often times; she experimented with other toppings that might make the look better. You’ll have to hit her up to see the ones with peas and black eyed peas.
- It’s easy! No fancy skills or tools needed here. It’s no more complicated than building a real snowman, but a whole lot warmer. :)
- It’s vegan! While I’m not personally vegan and have no interest in being such, I hate when I see vegans being completely boring by their own set restrictions. Who says you can’t still have some fun with the food?
Quirky Food Blogs – There’s a niche for everything
Nablopomo – Favorite Place – The Interwebs!
It’s true. The internet is definitely my favorite place to be. :P
In case you haven’t seen these weirdo blogs before, you should hop through at least a few to see what other people do with their free time.
Paula Deen Riding Things – An entire site of Paula Deen, The Butter Queen, riding things.
Bea Arthur Mountains Pizza – If you don’t it, don’t worry….it really is just Photoshopped pictures that include Bea Arthur, mountains, and uh, pizza….
Bread People – Lots of people with various breads for heads.
Album Tacos – Who doesn’t love tacos and music? Why not have them together then? And there’s tons of old albums, too, so if you don’t recognize newer ones, no worries, there’s something for everybody. If, you know, you’re into this kinda thing…
Lunchbag Art – Why should brown-bagging it be boring? Here’s an awesome dad who draws on lunch bags.