Nablopomo – A congrats banner for finishing
Well I’m not doing a banner, but I most definitely finished the NaBloPoMo challenge, woo!
In case you have no idea what I’m talking about or missed some, here’s the entire month’s collection in one place:
1. Yourself – NaBloPoMo is here yet again – 30 day blogging challenge
2. Favorite Animal – Surprise cereal bowls – Kitty in the milk again
3. Favorite Food – How to serve spaghetti elegantly – Can I still slurp?
4. Favorite Place – Quirky Food Blogs – There’s a niche for everything
5. Best Friend – How to make your own dog food
6. Favorite Book Character – Dr. Seuss themed food – From here to there, funny things are everywhere
7. Favorite Word – Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious – A spoonful/cube of sugar?
8. Favorite Animated Character – 80s cartoon creations – Smurfs, Scooby, Care Bears, Jetsons
9. Favorite TV Show – Maxim names Butter Queen Paula Deen s*xiest female chef- Wait, what?
10. Favorite Candy – Teenage chocolate ninja turtles – Heroes on a half spoon!
11. Turning Point in Your Life – Narwhals packing KFC lunches for their meat babies after bad collagen jobs in the kitchen sink
12. Most Recent Accomplishment – How many sips does it take to get to the bottom of hot chocolate art?
13. Comic – Mommy, where do raisins come from?
14. Favorite Fairytale – Pease porridge hot, pease porridge cold – Pease porridge under the princess’ bed?
15. Family Picture – The family that eats together…also plays with their food together
16. Inspiration – All the colors of the rainbow…in a burger (Wordless Wednesday)
17. Favorite Plant – Popeye the sailor pig – Genetically modified spinach pork
18. Just a Doodle – Sad tacos make me happy…and so do strange orange snacks
19. Something New – How do you use your ketchup packets? – Dip or squeeze?
20. Something Orange – It’s beginning to look a lot like Thanksgiving – Mini-Fall cookies
21. Something You Want – 12000 pounds of chocolate – Uh, yes please!
22. Something You Miss – How to puree pumpkin – Throw it across the yard!
23. Something You Need – Lolcats discuss the difference between want and need
24. A Couple – Two peas in a pod walk into a kitchen
25. Scenery – Food landscapes – Broccoli trees, filet of fish sea, foodscapes, mmm
26. Something You Don’t Like – Play football with flaming coconuts
27. Someone You Love – Magnificent Mario portrait made of colored salt!
28. Anything You’d Like – Lop-eared bunny peeler – Awww!
29. A Place You Want to Go – World’s largest monster sushi – 13 pounds? Pass the chopsticks!
30. Finishing the Challenge – Today’s post :)
And I lied. That wasn’t for you; it was for me. This way, next year when I do this challenge again, I can link to this post with all the posts in one place instead of trying to sift through everything on my own again. :P
Thanks for sticking with me this month as I twisted a drawing challenge into a food writing challenge of my own. Now to get back to some of the fun stuff I’ve been cooking and not sharing this month. :D
I don’t think this would be the best tasting sushi ever, but I do think it’d be quite the sight to watch this happen in person. (At least skip through some of the video to get a better idea of just how big this is).
They lay it out on a piece of seaweed that is 2 meters long and the total product weighs in at about 6kg (13 pounds) and 25 cm across (10 in). Obviously it’s not cheap either, at ¥15,000 or about 200 bucks….but wouldn’t it make for an awesome party spread?
From what I can find, they also offer up a large platter of sushi nigiri, too, with things like octopus and squid, where the chunk of tuna alone is enough to make 40 normal portions of nigiri.
Unfortunately, no pictures there, so who knows? Nevermind, found some! There’s a “normal sized” platter shown at the bottom for comparison’s sake. Holy cow, they’re huge!
Nablopomo – Anything you’d like
Anything I’d like? Uh, yeah, how about an adorable vegetable peeler that when posed correctly, looks like the sweetest little lop-eared bunny? Yes please!
When I went to BlogHer this year, I also had the opportunity to meet up with some friends that weren’t connected to the conference. In fact, ones that didn’t even know I had any websites, much less silly food-related ones. You see, I’m their guild and raid leader in that lovely game World of Warcraft so they know me as the slightly harder core chick who is yelling at them to get out of stuff on the ground and to kill harder.
As you can imagine, it made for some interesting stories right off the bat about why I was in San Diego and why I was, uh, wearing bunny ears. There went my street cred. :P
Anyway, so this guy had some tricks of his own up his sleeve. Given he had no idea my fun food obsessions, it was awesome that he had pre-picked the quirky Urban Mo’s Bar and Grill for the brunch buffet. (Click the link for cool video and description, but it’s not completely PG in alcoholic and GLBT references, so beware.)
Afterwards, we headed to a nearby novelty shop that carried a ton of those weird products I sometimes post about. It was like Quirky Cookery in store-form. And again, he had no idea in advance that I was over-the-top into this sort of stuff, lol.
When we ran across this bunny peeler, I started to take a picture because I thought it was perfect for the whole bunny theme thing I had going on that weekend, but he insisted on buying it instead. With all the craziness of the rest of the weekend, though, I didn’t think about it again until I got home and wanted to take pictures of it.
Then? Oh my god! I hadn’t really looked at it closely, but twisting the tail is what causes the bunny ears to move so you can use either the peeler or the knife separately, and then twist them back inside to cover the blades safely.
Adorable! Even the packaging was adorable. Who knew the plastic covering would be cute even? Ha.