Creative Smores Variations – How can you make graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows any better?
Apparently, it’s quite easy to make them better actually, so why not?
August 10th was National S’mores Day and I was flooded with more smores recipes than I knew what to do with. I marked some of my favorites to pass on, though, and just because the day has passed, doesn’t mean the s’mores season has, right?
Here are the top twelve s’mores variations I saw last month that caught my attention:
1. Smores Brownie Bars – Brownies with a graham cracker crust like a cheese cake, and with toasted gooey marshmallows on top? What could go wrong? I don’t even like marshmallows that much, but this looks delicious.
2. S’mores Sundae – I’m a little disappointed that nothing was done with the graham cracker. It’s not even a cinnamon one, hmph. I’m thinking it would get soggy under all the ice cream and chocolate, but it looks cool, so it gets points there anyway.
Wait, does she even like real food? Hmm. Either way, the fact that this one is photographed still burning is what pulls me in. I imagine it being insanely rich,b ut it would be worth it.
4. Heart-shaped S’mores Pops – Save this one for Valentine’s Day next year.
5. Peep S’mores – And save this one for right after Easter. I love that each s’mores would be colored different.
6. Smores Cupcakes – I doubt I would be able to eat this one, but I like that they didn’t just mix the marshmallow into the batter. It has a full separated layer to itself.
7. S’mores Pushpops – I’m not even entirely sure how this one is supposed to be eaten. Do you just push it up and eat each layer separate? You can’t heat it up in those plastic things, right? Hmm.
8. S’more Stuffed Strawberries – This just takes s’mores to a whole new level, don’t you think? It combines chocolate covered strawberries with s’mores to created stuffed berries with all the expected toppings.
9. S’mores Rice Krispy Treats – Not sure I like the whole marshmallows on top, but I think it still works.
10. Owl S’mores – Awwww! There’s not enough chocolate there to be really s’mores-like, but still, the basics are there and it looks delicious, right?
11. S’more or Less Cupcakes – There’s nothing to be said about these. I would eat 5 in a heartbeat. I might have to skip some of the marshmallowy goodness, but look at all that chocolate!!
12. Halloween S’mores Packs – Mom never would’ve let me eat these because they’re handmade instead of prepackaged. I love the idea for a fun Halloween trick-or-treat handout, though.
Bonus – S’mores Spaghetti – Bonus s’mores! It’s…spaghetti? Not sure what to say about this one other than “Oh. Cool? Yeah, I’d eat that, lol”