Top 30 Video Game Cakes
How anyone could ever choose only 10, I will never know. And I’m sure there are tons I didn’t even come across that deserved a spot here, so send the video game cakes my way and I’ll edit them in…or do a follow-up. There are just too many good ones.
2. Pacman Arcade
4. Nintendo Controller – I have a special appreciation for cakes that do NOT use fondant. Yes, they’re amazing, but I also think it takes a special knack to work with liquidy icing and craft magnificent cakes freehand like my mom does.
5. Nintendo DS – Icing instead of fondant again. After checking with some other gamers, the conclusion is that the game is Rune Factory….or Legend of Zelda. Anybody who has played either on DS that can confirm?
6. Blue Yoshi – She explains that the picture on the left is what she printed off, but her 8 year old wanted it blue, so she colored in the picture on the right co copy.
10. Angry Birds – I’m sick of Angry Birds stuff, but this one is just awesome. It’s a cake based on a t-shirt based on video game. ;)
11. Playable Angry Birds – And really, sick of Angry Birds or not, there’s no way this could be excluded considering you can actually -play- the game on the cake. Too cool.
15. Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (Caker? :p)
16. Mario chess board – I bet this took quite a while to sculpt each little figure
20. LEGO Batman
21. Playstation 3 game console with controller, Blackberry phone, and a spilled Pepsi can
22. NES video game console featuring characters Mario, Megaman, Princess Peach, Link from Zelda, Luigi, and I believe Donkey Kong bursting through the butter knife flap (That’s what it was for, right? Flip it up to change the game and then stick a knife in to hold it tight?)
23. Left 4 Dead
24. Ms. Pacman
25. Mario – Previously featured here, but doesn’t make it any less awesome
26. Epic Minecraft grass/dirt cube – In case you were wondering, that’s a 6" x 6" square choc mud cake and 1025 little squares. Yes, that many.
29. World of Warcraft Deathwing
Also, I looked for a good Pokemon cake and none of them really blew my mind like I was hoping. A couple of the Snorlax were pretty close from here, but links are broken.