Afraid of Vampires? The Stinking Rose is for You
Top Eight Ways that The Stinking Rose is Guaranteed to Ward Off Vampires:
- Their motto is “we season our garlic with food.”
- They serve 3,000 pounds of garlic every month. Every MONTH. Do you realize how light garlic is and just how much that translates to??
- It’s home to the world’s longest garlic bread, which includes 2,635 individual bulbs of garlic.
- Their 40-Clove Garlic Chicken really does include 40 cloves of garlic in every dish.
- Where else can you get a garlic flavored ice cream?
- Even the drinks are garlicky with their signature garlic martini topping the list.
- Local Virgin Atlantic Cabin Crew members aren’t allowed to eat at the Stinking Rose any more because of passenger complaints about their stinky breath.
- Previous customers claim that it sometimes takes 3 days for the garlic breath to fade.
I can’t imagine this being a great place to have to walk by everyday, but their menu does sound delicious. Fortunately, once cooked, garlic is not nearly as strong as it is raw…as I learned first hand by eating whole cloves at my first shrimp boil party.
So while forty cloves of garlic may be a bit excessive to actually eat, the flavor would be mild and probably quite delicious. Just don’t sit within a 5 foot radius of me for a few days!
McDonald’s in a mansion
While I don’t immediately think “mansion” when I see this building, considering it’s from the 1800s and in New York (Hyde Park, specifically, for you locals), then this clearly wasn’t your average sized house either.
And now, it’s a McDonald’s! This isn’t anything new and it’s been this way since the early 90s, but I had never seen it before.
My favorite part is that they full restored the glass veranda, too, and allow it to be used as a dining area:
So maybe the view isn’t that great, but it’s still far superior, both inside and out, than your standard Mickey D’s: